Monday, September 16, 2013

"Favorite Things" platter for a 40th birthday


"Favorite Things" platters are just such a fun way to celebrate a birthday!  I love working with the person ordering the platter to pinpoint a couple of things that help express the special person's personality and interests.

Jill ordered this platter to help celebrate her husband's 40th birthday.  She told me he loves basketball - especially Michigan Wolverines basketball, golf, and coaching.   He also has the fantastic nickname of "Captain Awesome".   With those things I mind, I put together this platter!  I love how, by using a similar color palette, a seemingly random assortment of things actually looks good together!

Hope it was a great party - Thanks Jill!


No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)