Tuesday, September 24, 2013

an exciting announcement!

As many of you know, the reason I started this baking page was to help raise funds for Susan G Komen as part of my participation in and fundraising commitment to the 3 Day for the Cure walk.   This year, my fourth year walking, I have raised over $5,000 for this worthy cause, almost entirely by baking cookies!  I offer my heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you who has bought cookies from me to help me reach this goal!   
 
Many people have told me that I should do this as a business, not just as a fundraiser . . . and that time has come!   I am very pleased to announce that I have been approved as a Home Baker by the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Safety!  I have also filed all of my business paperwork with the County and the State, and I'm now ready to go . . . Baked By Rachel is officially in business!
 
While I am of course looking forward to making a little money on this hobby (finally supporting my cookie cutter and sprinkle addiction!), I also plan to continue baking cookies for charity purposes - Susan G. Komen and other breast cancer organizations of course, but also things like the Go Bo! Foundation, my children's schools, and other causes that are important to me.
 
I will be working on this blog to turn it more into a business website over the next few weeks, with ordering information, etc.  In the meantime, please feel free to e-mail me at bakedbyrachel@gmail.com or contact me through my facebook page to place an order inquiry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)