Saturday, June 29, 2013

US Marine Corps cookies



I was asked to make a platter of cookies to honor a retiring USMC Lieutenant Colonel, who also happens to be a family friend.   I really have a lot of respect for all members of the military - it takes so much dedication to devote your career to our country!     I wanted to make this platter really special, and in doing so made my most elaborate cookies yet - the USMC emblem and a piece of the Marine Corps officer's uniform.  I was really happy with how it turned out, and hope Sal's friends and family did too!

Thank you for your donation, Tara.  And thank you for your service to our country, Sal!  Welcome to civilian life :)

2 comments:

  1. Love these.....really special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use fondant for the emblems or maybe a KopyKake? They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

have something to say?? tell me :)