Tuesday, June 18, 2013

School's out for Summer!






It's the last day of school around here!   I made a couple of sets of cookies for a customer to share with those special people who help care for her child.   I have been wanting to make the adorable school bus cookies I saw on Loren Ebert's the Baking Sheet blog for a long time . . . when Denise asked for cookies for the school bus drivers and aides that help her child get to school safely, I knew it was the time!  These were a lot of fun to make - I made a few extra for my own kids' bus driver too!  I would love to make these again in the fall, they would be perfect for back to school celebrations (but we aren't thinking about those now - it's the last day of school!!)


Denise also asked me to make cookies for her child to take to an end-of-school class celebration!  Here's a whole class of students and their teachers!

 
Last but not least, Denise saw the puzzle cookies I have made several times for Matthews Meerkats team for the Autism Society of Central Virginia 5k run.   She wanted some of them for her child's autism classroom teachers . . . perfect excuse to use my favorite little Dollar Store jars!  She sent me this cute picture of the jars with the teacher cookies - what fun presentation!
 
Thank you for your donation Denise!  And have a great summer everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)