Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A different kind of Girl Scout cookies!

 
It's that time of year . . . graduations, promotion ceremonies, team parties, and celebrations of all kinds!      One of these celebrations is one I fondly remember from my own childhood:  bridging from Brownie to Junior and Junior to Cadette in Girl Scouts.  As the mom of three boys, I don't get to experience these things with my own kids, so I was thrilled to be asked by parents from two different troops to make cookies to help their girls mark the achievement!

 
As you can see in the top picture, the cookies for that troop were personalized for each girl!  The troop leader sent me hair details and eye color for each of them . . . I happen to know a few of these sweet girls too, so I hope I captured a bit of their personalities in their cookies.  Thank you for the donation, Kristine!
 


This troop of Girl Scouts included girls bridging to Junior and to Cadette.  I had a lot of fun researching the sashes for each and making them as detailed as I could (considering I was working with a two-inch royal icing sash!)   I heard the girls enjoyed eating them almost as much I as I enjoyed making them!    Thank you for the donation, Tammy!



Update:  Look at these awesome pictures I got from some of the girls' moms!   This is the absolute best part of decorating cookies:  seeing the smiles they bring!     I love seeing Hailey and Meghan holding their "mini-me" cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)