Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cherry Blossoms and Butterflies


I was asked to make a set of cookies for a brunch that will take place after a family gets together to participate in the National Cherry Blossom Festival 10 mile race this weekend.  This is a special get-together for them, as they have formed a team called "Kinley's Kiss," in memory of baby Kinley who passed away last year, shortly before her second birthday.   Her aunt asked me to make these cookies, and to include butterflies as they have a special connection to Kinley's memory.   This collection includes cherry blossoms, yellow butterflies, and some sparkly pink and green "K" monogram cookies.    I hope they help the family celebrate and honor the memory of a sweet little girl who was taken way too soon.

Thank you for the donation, Amy.  And thank you for letting me be a part of this special moment in remembering Kinley.

1 comment:

have something to say?? tell me :)