Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Champagne (cookies) and Strawberries




As I mentioned before, a friend of mine has put together a monthly "Women on Wine" group so we can get together to try a specific kind of wine each month.  This month's theme is Sparkling Wine.  I'm going to head to my favorite wine store on the way and pick up a bottle of Cava or Prosecco, but I also wanted to bring some treats.    When I think champagne, I always think strawberries and chocolate . . . but I wanted to do something a bit different than actual chocolate covered strawberries.  It was the perfect opportunity to try the idea recently posted by Lisa, the Bearfoot Baker, for chocolate covered strawberry cake bites!!   Following her step-by-step tutorial made these sooo easy!     The only thing I did differently was to use chocolate fudge cake filling inside instead of strawberry as she did . . . they will be extra decadent.
 
Served on a tray with some sparkling wine cookies, these will be a fun addition to the party!

2 comments:

  1. They look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing them with me! The wine glasses are so fun! I hope you have a great time at your wine club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Can I come? I'll find a hookah....

    ReplyDelete

have something to say?? tell me :)