Saturday, December 15, 2012

Doc McStuffins Cookies


Does anyone else have Facebook friends they haven't actually met in real life?  I hope I'm not the only one!    My husband has refused to join the world of Facebook, but instead sometimes request I "friend" someone for him.   A few years back, he asked me to friend his co-worker Rachelle so we could be among the first to know when she had her baby.     I have happily followed the pictures of her adorable baby Akira over the past two years!  Once you are my Facebook friend, I feel like I know you!

MONTHS ago, Rachelle asked if I would make Doc McStuffins cookies for Akira's second birthday.  I immediately agreed . . . then I had to figure out who the heck Doc McStuffins was!  Turns out, she's an adorable character on a Disney cartoon.  In the name of research, I DVR'd an episode to see what it was all about.  The main character, a little girl, pretends to be a doctor by fixing up toys and dolls. When she puts on her stethoscope, something magical happens: toys, dolls and stuffed animals come to life and she can communicate with them.   It's a very cute show . . . unfortunately, two out of three of my boys came in during my viewing session and declared it a "baby" show.

I thought the little heart bandaid in the logo was very cute, so that's what I made for Akira's cookies.   I included a little tag with all of the characters - Doc, Stuffy, Hallie, Lambie and Chilly.   I hope Akira and her friends enjoyed them!




Thank you for the donation, Rachelle . . . . and it was great to meet you in real life!








1 comment:

  1. Well I learned something new...I had no idea! When I saw it on FB, I thought it was the name of a cookier! What a sweet premise for a show.

    ReplyDelete

have something to say?? tell me :)