Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter everyone! We are going to my mom's house for Easter dinner and our traditional Easter Egg hunt with the cousins. I am bringing dessert . . . carrot cake and homemade peanut butter eggs!     The carrot cake recipe is from Southern Living, and the little sample I cut out before putting it together was really good.  In addition to carrots, it has crushed pineapple, coconut and pecans.  Yumm.  I decorated the outside with cream cheese frosting and sugar cookies.



The other dessert I'm bringing is homemade Reese's chocolate peanut butter eggs.  As soon as I spotted this on Pinterest, I knew I had to make them for Easter.    Chocolate and peanut butter are two of my mom's favorite things. She gave up chocolate for Lent, so she'll be very happy to try these!




They taste just like storebought peanut butter eggs, without all the preservatives and mystery ingredients!

1 comment:

  1. Would love to sample one of those if there are any leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete

have something to say?? tell me :)