Monday, December 26, 2011

More Christmas Goodies



I had a lot of fun finishing up Christmas baking this week!    I tried out a cake recipe that turned out to be amazing . . . the chocolate gingerbread toffee cake from the cover of Southern Living magazine.  It was a bit time-consuming, but boy, was it worth it!!      We took this cake, along with my husband's famous apple pie and some cookies and cakeballs to my mom's for Christmas dinner.    Yummmm.

gingerbread babies, sugar cookies and cake balls
side view of the cake

On Friday, I also made some cookies and cake balls for our friends at Piedmont Physical Therapy.   Over the past year, they have taken excellent care of both my mom and my husband as they recovered from various surgeries and my mom's car accident.  I was honored to make the desserts for their holiday party.  Thanks for asking, Katy!!

chocolate and vanilla cake balls

trays of gingerbread and sugar cookies
wrapped and ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)