Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ruffled cake with gum paste flower


I love making cakes and goodies for co-workers birthdays . . . and try to make something I know they will like.   Becky is not only a co-worker, but one of the three people I know who checks this blog regularly, so I really wanted to make her something special!

Her favorite color is blue and her favorite store is Anthropologie, so I wanted to make something that incorporated some fashion style.   When I saw this cake on MyCakeSchool.com, I thought I'd give it a try!   This was my first experience with gum paste, and it was a lot of fun.  I have a lot to learn, but I was pretty happy with how this flower turned out.

While we celebrated in the office on Friday, today is Becky's actual birthday.  So if you're reading this, Happy Birthday, Becky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)