Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July


Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays.   This year was no exception - I got to make lots of red, white and blue treats for various holiday festivities this weekend! 

I made these flag cake bites for my block party - they were a big hit!   I saw the presentation idea here and immediately knew I had to do it.




The weekend festivities started out with a dessert potluck at work - the perfect excuse to try out the flag cake I'd been eying at Glorious Treats!     It was much easier to make than I thought - and a lot of fun to cut into.   I actually made three of these cakes - one for the potluck, one for a coworker (thank you for the donation, Marie!!), and one for our neighborhood block party.    Didn't get very good pix of the inside (as I've said before, my food photography needs some work).

1 comment:

  1. So glad you gave the flag cake a try! It looks great! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

have something to say?? tell me :)