Friday, July 15, 2011

Chocolate cake with strawberries



I made this cake for a coworker's brother's birthday.   She requested a dark chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries.   Since she won't be serving it til tomorrow, I did not put the strawberries on top yet - she can do that before serving.

The funny thing about this cake is it's actually the second one I made for this donation customer.   I had the date wrong, so I made a cake and strawberries LAST Friday and brought them into the office.  Once I realized my error, my coworkers were treated to an afternoon "mistake cake break".    No one seemed to mind - in fact, several of them said they hoped I made these kind of mistakes moer often!  It was a good trial run for the cake - and everyone seemed to like it.

Thank you for the donation, Mary T.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)