Friday, June 3, 2011

Autism Puzzle Cookies


Last weekend, two of my sons and I were lucky enough to participate in the Autism Society of Central Virginia's annual 5K Run/Walk fundraiser.   We walked along with my friend Holly's team, named "Matthew's Meerkats," in honor of her son, who has autism.    Holly does so much for this organization - helping plan this event, working on advocacy campaigns, and otherwise serving as a resource for other families coping with autism.   I wanted to make a little something to treat her and the other team members, and had been thinking a lot about what I could do in the weeks leading up to the event.   

One day in April (which happens to be Autism Awareness Month), I came across a fabulous idea for Autism Awareness Cookies on one of my favorite cookie blogs, The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle.  I immediately ordered the adorable mini puzzle piece cutters and couldn't wait to use it!  I was really pleased with the results - and so were the Meerkats!

Individually packaged and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)