Friday, March 25, 2011

Cake Bites in School Colors


Last weekend I volunteered and attended one of my favorite annual fundraisers at the kids' school:  Basket Bingo!  It's a really fun event - 20 bingo games where the prizes are themed Longaberger baskets filled with tons of goodies.  There are always lots of great door prizes, and a 50/50 drawing that always goes really high!  This was my sixth year going to the event - I chaired it twice - and the streak of NOT WINNING is still alive.  My table was very lucky, and almost everyone won something . . . all in all, a fun night, and as for winning, there's always next year!

One of the best parts of the event is the potluck dinner.   There is always a huge variety of fun appetizers, salads and of course desserts.   My contribution this year was a tower of cake bites - I made my favorite  double chocolate and yellow cake in school colors of yellow and blue.   Several people who had given up chocolate for Lent were really happy to see the yellow ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

have something to say?? tell me :)